Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 19th was the opening of an exhibit called "Shoes" at The Coast Collective Art Gallery.  One of my paintings was accepted for this show. I was so excited because this was the first time I have submitted any of my work for an outside show.

This show is so much fun! I couldn't believe the number of different interpretations on the theme of shoes.

Coast Collective is in an old manor house on Esquimalt lagoon.  It's a beautiful site overlooking the lagoon with quite a large property.  You could spend a lot of time wandering around admiring the beauty or choosing spots for a plein aire painting.

The show "Shoes" is on until June 2nd, so this is the last weekend for taking it in.  I would recommend it to everyone!

Below is a photo taken at the opening.  My painting is the landscape with many shoes hanging on the fence. This is a real place near Blenheim, New Zealand. (and the number of shoes increases every time we go down there!)



No comments:

Post a Comment